Monday, January 31, 2011

A piece of Holland in Alice Springs

Hey hola, here I am again, with yet another fabulous news:

I found stroopwafels in Alice!

A miracle! Last friday, I finally made it to an organic food shop (the only one in Metropalice) called Afghan Traders to buy some locally roasted coffee and there it was - a pack of stroopwafels... Well it's not all that perfect - it's aussie made which means it's far from that heavenly taste and texture of the original ones and it's bloody expensive - $3,50 for a pack of 4 (I miss you Holland!). But hey, I'm in Alice Springs!

It reminded me of the good old days at TU Delft, when stroopwafels were my staple food - I ate at least 2 packs (of 10) every week and I remember I ate them even in a shower (hope you're reading this, Andrew!). A student's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment