Thursday, September 8, 2011

Latest news

Hello hello everyone, I've got a couple of big news that have piled up during last couple of months, so finally here they come.

Trip to Europe

The latest and biggest news is that I finally booked my tickets to Europe - woohoo! I'm arriving to Amsterdam on 1st of December and would like to stay in Holland for about a week. I might go to Sicily for a few days too but most of the time, I'll indeed hang around Czech Republic. I'm flying back to Australia on 31st of January, again from Amsterdam, so I'd like to spend another week in Holland before I take off. I hope to catch up with everyone! I'll keep in touch via e-mail.

Skink

I've started up a web and graphic design studio as a part of Bindi (my employer). It's called Skink :) Check out the website! It's been very exciting and I've been extremely busy lately but it's taking off nicely! I've got plenty of ideas and a few cool projects coming up.

Speaking about work, here's what I've been busy with lately:
  • www.bindiart.com - a separate website for Bindi Art Studio - have a look at the artworks!
  • Rabbit Story - a tiny publication written by local artist Siri Omberg and her friend Rosalie Schultz. Have a look at the photos. Designing it was heaps of fun and working with Siri was just so seamless - she's a dream customer! More info about the book. Purchase online.
  • www.ngurart.com.au - my latest project, it's a web for a local art centre Ngurratjuta / Many Hands. I'm still working on the online shopping cart but apart from that, the web is fully functional.

ABC Open projects

ABC, a leading Australian non-comercial TV and radio station started up so called ABC Open projects. One of the projects is 'The Moment Behind The Photo' and one of my friends - Miranda - submitted one of my photos from Tassie (together with me telling the story behind). If you wanna have a laugh, check it out!

Unicycle obsession

I haven't been climbing for ages and I got to the point where I needed some physical activity again. Tried getting back to running but nah, my knees can't handle that. Then I joined circus! :) It's a local amateur circus group called Circus Us and man it's fun! As soon as I get a video of a Cabaret show we participated in (acro-balancing, static trapeze, staff fight ;)) at the end of June - i'll definitely post it here, so you get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

One of the things I learned in circus is unicycling and I can assure you that once you get through the basics, you can't stop. It's incredibly addictive. It's quite interesting that unicycling is not only a circus skill anymore - it's growing into an independent (extreme) sport discipline similar to BMX or MTB splitting into a few different styles: mountain unicycling (muni), long-distance road unicycling, street and trials unicycling (BMX- or skateboard-like tricks) and even games like unicycle hockey or basketball!

After I bought a proper unicycle, I got into street and mountain unicycling a lot. I also found out that there are plenty of maintained MTB trails around Alice Springs so I've been slowly discovering them! It's so much fun! If you again feel like laughing, check out these short video clips:





Lake Eyre

Last Easter, my friends and I made a trip to Lake Eyre (map). It was absolutely stunning, here are some photos:
Back of our troopy
Michelle, our leader

A beautiful hot springs on the way...
A beautiful waterhole along the way...
A beautiful salt lake along the way...
Oodnadata
Sunset at Lake Eyre

Salty fish


Erin and Robyn






On the way back - 50km far from Alice...

That's about it for now. I'm working on a new personal website and I want to move this blog there too. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment